- This event has passed.
Managing Challenging Behaviours
November 16, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$220
Learn strategies to diffuse difficult situations, manage intense emotions, and move towards positive solutions. Everyone gets frustrated or angry on occasion, particularly when they are under pressure. Most people deal with their anger and frustrations in ways that are socially acceptable and appropriate. We will discuss and practice strategies that you can use to diffuse situations where clients, colleagues or community members may be exhibiting strong emotions and/or difficult behaviours. When using these strategies, it is important to have an understanding of your own particular triggers and how you can manage your own emotions.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- explain how and why people react to difficult situations physically and emotionally
- apply strategies for helping others to manage emotions
- develop and apply effective communication skills
- articulate and apply conflict management strategies
- demonstrate an understanding of how to monitor and maintain self-care.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses dealing with challenging clients or colleagues.